“Everything is Interconnected” is one of the fundamental Feng Shui principles. Home is an energy avatar for your body. When you can read the metaphors, you can see where you are blocked in your life and shift it.
Caring for my aged parents recently was particularly stressful; so much so that I gained 10 pounds in 3 weeks…despite eating well and more lightly than usual. Elongated stress, even low level stress, is a silent killer.
It was little surprise to me that on one of the last days I was tending to my parents, their septic tank backed up due to a blockage–stuck energy in the house reflects stuck energy in the body. Yikes and yuck. Plumbing relates to our own plumbing and the large intestine is one organ responsible for “letting go” — something no one was doing easily.
The house part was easy to repair that but my question was: how do I easily repair my own body’s issues?
Get Stuck Energy Moving
“If you only do this one exercise the rest of your life, it will be enough,” Michelle Turley, L.Ac.
I can see how this could be true. And after doing this exercise, you’ll likely find it easier to release clutter and things in your home that no longer increase your joy!
100 belly breaths as described in the exercise below opened up energy fields in my body that I couldn’t have imagined. The exercise relaxed the fascia in my body to the point where I could feel my whole body expand and contract with each breath. The fascia is the network that connects all aspects of the body and when energy is not free-flowing, all manner of stuckness occurs.
Other results I noticed:
- my abdominals stronger after just 3 days – inner abs and psoas
- I could feel my shoulders and neck and throat relax tremendously
- my joints feel open and clear
- my hands and feet have more vibrancy
- my sinuses, vision and hearing are clear and keep getting more clear
- every core muscle including my lungs and heart is free, fresh and open
- my internal organs, diaphragm, throat even my knees are more open, flexible and free-flowing.
Now comes the exciting part:
This simple, simple, elegant, did I say “simple” Qi Gong exercise that helped me immediately feel better and bonus: remove the excess temporary weight in less than 1/2 the time it took to put it on because the energy was moving again! It only takes about 20 minutes but I find I like it so much that sometimes I just keep going.
Thank you, Kim Alyce Steffgen and ChangeYourEnergy.com The article is informative and on her site, the exercise is about 3/4 of the way down the “page.”
Here is the exercise that could be the easiest and most amazing exercise to move stuck energy and get your whole life back on target. Copied here from her website —
1. Lie, sit, or stand in a comfortable position, place both hands over your belly with your thumbs pointing toward your navel and your two index fingers touching so they form a triangle, covering the area from your navel to your pubic bone.
2. Begin to inhale as your push your abdomen outwards until you feel pressure, like blowing up a balloon
3. Next, exhale completely, slowly pulling your abdomen back inward toward your spine
4. Hold each inhale and exhale for two to three seconds each. You can also contract and relax your rectal muscles during this exercise to gather energy and warmth more quickly. Repeat this circuit 100 times at first. You can gradually increase the number of repetitions to 300.
This is a highly relaxing yet stimulating intestinal exercise. When you have completed your circuits, take time to balance your energy by lying or sitting still for several minutes. You can balance your energy further by drinking several glasses of water after this exercise.
Combine this exercise with the abdominal breathing exercise for soft, toned and flexible intestines. This exercise not only stimulates, strengthens and softens the intestines, it also increases blood and vibrant qi circulation to your Lower Dahn-jon, the energy center located in your abdomen.
1. Lie or stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your knees slightly bent. Lengthen and relax your spine, shoulders, neck and arms
2. Place your hands on your abdomen and begin patting it with your open hands in a rhythmic motion. Increase the pressure and intensity of the patting until it becomes a striking motion.
You can use your abdominal muscles to resist or push off your palms for better muscle toning.
Repeat for 100 times at first. You can gradually increase the number of repetitions to 300 as your abdomen becomes stronger.
Everything is interconnected: with stress, the fascia, dura and organs of our body tighten, adhere, become torqued and tense and this causes all manner of discomfort. But I have learned that with just this breath exercise at least for me, everything has opened up! (This information is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your healthcare provider with any questions about your medical condition.)
Here is the link to the explanation and full exercise:
All my best,