January 28, 2017 is the beginning of Chinese New Year–a two-week celebration ending the old and welcoming the new. The holiday falls on the second New Moon after the Winter Solstice, ending with the Full Moon on February 10.
Here in North Lake Tahoe, CA where I live, there is nothing that even looks close to Spring.
Everything here is buried under newly fallen 200+ inches of snow. [However, the skiing is the best in 20 years! I think we’ll have plenty of water in the Lakes for summer fun too!]
Even still I can feel the beginning swell from deep inside the Earth rousing seeds to start the upward journey to meet the sun and longer days.
Winter is Nature’s time for going deep inside ourselves and nourishing the seeds of opportunity that will begin to grow in Spring.
Last year was, for many of us, a year to focus on endings and releasing what holds us down. Were you able to release old ways of seeing, being and relating that weren’t serving you?
2017’s energy brings a year of new beginnings, one in which we are well served to be impeccable in our thoughts, words, actions, efforts and our spaces.
2017 is the Year of the Yin Fire Rooster. Each year is different and I still haven’t figured out how those ancient Chinese masters were able to be so accurate in their witness of the cycles of life. Feng Shui is a small part of Traditional Chinese Medicine, which is a small part of the influences the surround and face us even in our modern world.
We’ll have support, as if the prevailing winds of time, to begin to explore and come from our deep heart’s desires. This year make an effort to explore into your inner world (Yin) and keep the ember of self-love (Fire) glowing and honored; champion (Rooster) your Heart’s Truth: be self-referential, self-reliant, and share yourself with your community.
In the outside world, Fire enlightens and also burns away the unnecessary dross, exposing what has lain hidden. Rooster crows, so be alert to ways you can gently speak your truth and be known for the gifts you posses and can bring to your world.
- Purge what doesn’t serve you. Purge what doesn’t uplift and enlighten you. Clean and organize everything in your world, touch it all with love, place reminders and colors that reflect the best of you right back to you.
- Introduce delightful sound via uplifting music, chimes, laughter, or even flowing water. Change your spaces, and your playlists, to speak positive, empowering messages.
- Honor all your entrances and the area of your rooms and home, offices and buildings.
- Clean the areas associated with your Reputation and Fame: the furthest most middle third. Be sure it’s bright and represents what you want to be known for.
- Look at the artwork around you: what does it represent? what does it say to you?
- What are the colors you are living with? The grey tones that have been trending for so long are now giving way to softer, warmer grey/beige tones, lighter walls and white kitchens are attractive to us. Creation of a color scheme that is current, relevant AND supports your energy and purpose takes a little time but is well worth the effort. Contact me if you’d like your personal color palette for your home or office.
Feng Shui Time and Space
In the consultations I do for individuals, businesses, and families, I use Nine Star Ki to help me understand the dynamics between the people and how to influence positive relationships with Feng Shui colors and design. Nine Star Ki is the Japanese system of relating time to our spaces and our bodies…everything is interconnected.
According to Nine Star Ki, the energy influence of this year in general:
- Will support us to look deeply into our own inner well for inspiration.
- We are cautioned in our communication — it may sound like we are talking “under water” translate: clarify and ask those to whom you are speaking to “mirror” back what you have said. That little trick can save you countless irritation and miscommunication.
- Give us the opportunity to slow down, look inside for the answers and then gently bring them forth to our own world.
Each of us will feel the influence of Nine Star Ki’s 1 Water year. In addition, each of us has 3 personal influences according to Nine Star Ki. Click here to get your Feng Shui Energy makeup. The information is uncanny; I use this in my consultations and it helps me help others change their lives, relationships and office dynamics. (The site is in its infancy, if you’d like to know more information, contact me.
If you’d like to know what Nine Star Ki says about your year ahead just send me an email. If you’d like to know which colors, designs and shapes support you and your relationships, or if you’d like assistance with design or Feng Shui, be sure to contact me.
Reading the energy of your spaces is just like wind-surfing, we have to learn the skill and then we can learn how to navigate the ever-changing energies around us, we can avoid the pitfalls/rocks and sail ourselves toward clear waters.